The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is making important changes to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in 2019 to help people with disability in getting the support they need to achieve their goals. This is called NDIS pathway reform, or the Pathways Program.
Providers have a pathway tooâ€¦
The providerâ€™s pathway supports people that deliver disability services to:
- Learn about the NDIS
- Register as a new disability service provider
- Connect with and support participants to achieve their outcomes, and
- Help them get paid through the NDIS portal.
Roll-out of changes
The NDIA will be rolling out the reforms across the country in there different ways.
- For some improvements, changes will be rolled out across the country at the same time .
- Others might be rolled out either as area-by-area or state-by-state.
- Whereas at times, new ideas will be tested in a single location to analyse results and decide what to do next.
Pathway, service stream or enhancement
Online improvements for all providers
- Provider portal upgrades â€“ 2018 and 2019 (Completed)
Providers benefited from a regular cycle of improvements to the NDIS myplace provider portal which made it easier for them to interact with the NDIS and participants with the following changes:
- Provider Finder search and mapping functionality
- A tool that helps participants locate and connect with registered providers in their area.
- Ability to edit or delete service bookings and view service reports.
- Updated system error messages to help providers use the provider portal
- Enhanced user materials
- Including topic-based web pages and task cards
- Enabling providers to view the participant plan budget (where consent has been given).
- Provider portal upgrades â€“ planned delivery by June 2019 (Underway)
- Improved quotations process and functionality
- Easy to read user guides on the new NDIS website
- Provider portal upgrades â€“ from July 2019
- Make the provider portal easier to use
- Improve communication
- Improve system functionality and efficiency
Need to know more about it? Here is the link